ProChile’s Industry and Manufacturing Department is responsible for promoting the export of all manufactured industrial goods with the exception of large-scale copper mining, cellulose and processed foods.
Sector Coordination Role:
- To manage information and contents regarding each sector.
- To keep in close contact with and serve as a valid counterpart for industry-specific entities.
- To stimulate the generation of promotional activities together with sector agents and other departments of ProChile.
8,195 export companies
5,107 industry exporters
SMEs: 206,773 COMPANIES
3,674 export companies
2,812 industry exporters
ANALYSIS OF INDUSTRIAL AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR EXPORTS FOR 2015
Chilean Exports in 2015 1
in Manufacturing and Forestry Industry 2
share of total exports
1Goods + Copper + Services
2Does not include cellulose and wood pulp.
Source: ProChile Trade Information, with figures from Chile's Central Bank.
Suppliers to industry:
- Healthcare suppliers
- Fashion industry
- Aquaculture suppliers
- Alternative uses of copper
- Household equipment suppliers
- Construction sector suppliers
- Agroindustry suppliers
Manufacturing industries (13 sub-sectors)
- Timber industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Leather goods and shoes
- Textiles and clothing
- Jewellery and accessories
- Metal-mechanics and metallurgy
- Electrical and electronics industry
- Industria eléctrico y electrónica
- Chemicals industry
- Medical supplies and instruments
- Pharmacology industry
- Plastics industry
- Construction materials
The breakdown of sector exports by destination is as follows: 55% to Latin America, 20% to North America, 15% to Asia, 8% to Europe, 1% to Africa.
ProChile has 191 trade organizations and sectorial entities.